The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has ruled out the previous national cut off marks while announcing a new decision pertaining to securing admission into the various universities.
A meeting held on 31st August 2021 Tuesday, which made masterminded by the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, the body announced the cancellation of the previous cut off marks as it reached the conclusion that various universities would have the capacity to decide their own various cut-off marks for their students.
Prof. Is-haq Oloyede the registrar of JAMB highlighted some universities that have already fixed their cut off mark.
The universities includes;
- University of Lagos (200)
- Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto (140)
- Pan Atlantic University (210)
- University of Maiduguri (150)
- Lagos State University (190)
- Bayero University Kano, (180) and
- Covenant University (190)
JAMB also made it known that no institution is allowed to admit candidates without uploading their details on the official portal and that the 2021 admissions will be conducted only through JAMB CAPS.